King Black Bolt
|Chronological and political information|
King of Attilan
King of Attilan
Fred Tatasciore (in Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble)
Clancy Brown (in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.)
Blackagar Boltagon (also known as Black Bolt) is the king of the Inhumans and ruler of Attilan. He is an Inhuman who wears a black suit with gliding flaps, and has the ability to release extremely powerful and destructive shockwaves from his mouth, by so much as speaking, and thus, never speaks unless absolutely necessary. He is the leader of the Inhuman Royal Family, who venture out from Attilan as a superhero team.
Powers and Abilities
- Enhanced Condition: Black Bolt's Terrigen-mutated physique surpasses the superhuman physique of typical Inhumans: his strength, stamina, durability and reflexes are all well above typical Inhuman / peak-human levels. His speed and agility are also highly enhanced. All of his other physical / metabolic functions are also above inhuman limits.
- Quasi-Sonic Scream: An organic mechanism in his brain's speech center produces an unknown particle that interacts with ambient electrons, enabling him to produce certain mentally-controlled phenomena. The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt's "quasi-sonic scream". Because his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain, any attempt to use his vocal cords triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of the particle/electron interaction field. Because of this limitation, Black Bolt must be constantly vigilant of even the softest of utterances lest he destroy anything or anyone in its path. At full strength, his voice has the capability to destroy planets. The fork-like antenna worn upon his forehead helps Black Bolt control his powers. He can channel his powers inward to increase his strength and speed, and can focus it through his arms as concussive blasts. Black Bolt is capable of channeling all available energy into one devastating punch called his Master Blow, which renders him extremely vulnerable subsequently.
- Flight: By concentrating his electrons into anti-electrons, he can fly at speeds up to 500 mph for a period of 6 hours, protected by an anti-graviton field.
- Force-Field Generation: Black Bolt can create a nearly impenetrable force field by focusing his energy around himself.
- Teleportation: He is capable of teleportation, being able to transport Spider-Man & Triton as well as his family, from the Inhuman Ancient City, to the Triskelion, instantaneously.
- Technology Disruption: He can use his electron abilities as extrasensory probes, highly sensitive to electromagnetic phenomena, and he can also jam certain electromagnetic mechanisms. Though exhausting, he can create particle/electron interaction fields solid enough to be traversed upon.
- Slight Telepathy: Black Bolt also is at least partially resistant against telepathy and shares a semi-telepathic bond with those of his blood.