Black Panther (real name T'Challa) is a superhero with panther-like abilities and the leader of the New Avengers. He is the king of Wakanda, and the mantle of the Panther is bestowed to every king. Monarch of the secluded but technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda, King T'Challa is the Black Panther; a sacred title that must be both inherited and earned by the current Wakandan ruler. Granted superhuman powers by ceremonially consuming a mystical heart-shaped herb, the Black Panther is responsible for defending his people and the world from any threats. He is the recurring character in Season 3 and 4. He is a recurring protagonist in Season 5: Black Panther Quest.
Early Life T'Challa was the crown prince of the African nation
As T'Challa spoke before an the United Nations, Captain America protected the assembly from Crossbones who has been hired to take out T'Challa. After helping Cap to take out Crossbones, T'Challa made off with Cap's shield claiming that it was stolen property. Cap to brought in the Avengers for help and they traveled to Wakanda in order to reclaim it. During the confrontation, Black Panther claimed that Howard Stark stole Vibranium in order to make Cap's shield. To make matters worse, a reassembled Klaw appeared and made off with Cap's shield upon using a sound attack on the group. Both sides worked to find Klaw Cap told to Black Panther that T'Chaka gave the Vibranium to Howard to make into Cap's shield. Tracking him to a hideout in the Himalayas, the Avengers and Black Panther engaged Klaw in an armor made out of Vibranium. With a special tactic, the Avengers and Black Panther were able to knock Klaw out of the armor as Black Panther planned to make Klaw answer for his crimes. With Klaw's Vibranium armor in Wakandan custody, Black Panther changes his opinion of the Avengers and is offered reserve membership into the group.
Civil War Part 2: The Mighty Avengers
After the Avengers became outlaws of the government, Truman Marsh decide to make a new Avengers groups that would uphold the Inhuman resignation Act. He gathers and recruits Captain Marvel, Ms.Marvel, Vision, Ant-man, Red Hulk, Black Panther and Songbird to join the group.
When the Avengers go missing, Black Panther forms the New Avengers to take their place and find out where they have disappeared to.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: T'Challa has received a blessing from the Panther Goddess Bast along side the heart-shape herb, which elevated his strength to superhuman levels. His physical strength is on Captain America's level; although the full limits aren't known. He did display tremendous physical strength, being able to slow down a charge from Ares and wrestle with a dragon, as well as being able to hurt superhumanly durable opponents like Skurge and Zemo.
- Superhuman Durability: T’Challa has a level of durability high enough that he is unharmed by pistols, rifles or high level free falling.
- Superhuman Speed: T'Challa is able to run and move at speeds superior to those of any Olympic athlete, and is capable of reaching speeds of 40 mph.
- Superhuman Healing: T'Challa is able to regenerate injured tissue and brain cells to an extraordinary degree, heal broken bones, torn muscles, but is unable to regenerate missing limbs or organs. He is immune to all Earthly diseases, infections and disorders. He's also impervious to gas attacks, poisons, and nerve-toxins of any kind and is completely resistant to diseases.
- Superhuman Reflexes: T'Challa's reaction time is superior to that of any Olympic athlete that has ever competed. His reflexes are so efficient that he can dodge and deflect point blank gun fire, dodge bullets from machine guns and sniper rifles. Captain America once stated that he's faster than the creature he was named after.
- Martial Arts & Hand-to-Hand Combat: T’Challa is one of the finest human combatants on Earth, his skills honed to such a level even superhumans and armed adversaries can be overpowered by them.
- Genius Intellect: T’Challa holds expertise in numerous areas, both academic and physical. He is very technologically adept and helps maintain the security and computer systems of The Avenger's Tower and Wakanda. He has an impressive understanding of various sciences, like physics and chemistry, and is a skilled mechanic and engineer, building all of his own gadgets and equipment. He is an expert interrogator, and has a very logical mind. He is able to create plans and strategies to effectively take down his opponents. T’Challa is a master escapologist, marksman, pilot, thief and impersonator, having masqueraded as various identities for infiltration.
- Exceptional Leadership Skill: He is the most driven of the team and is very good at focusing on his goal, having a one-track mind.
. "Avengers World" (Hologram)
Season 3: Ultron Revolution
. "Panther's Rage"
. "Civil War, Part 2: The Mighty Avengers"
. "Civil War, Part 3: The Drums of War"
. "Civil War, Part 4: Avengers Revolution"
Season 4: Secret Wars
. "Avengers No More (Parts 1 and 2)"
. "The Sleeper Awakens"
. "Prison Break"
. "The Incredible Herc"
. "Show Your Work"
. "The Once and Future Kang"
. "The Most Dangerous Hunt"
. "The Return"
. "The Eye of Agamotto (Parts 1 and 2)"
. "The Immortal Weapon"
. "The Citadel"
. "The Wastelands"
. "All Things Must End"