Caroline Susan Jane Danvers
|Chronological and political information|
Major / Special Agent / Super-Hero
Officer of United States Air Force
Avengers, U.S. Air Force
Avengers: Ultron Revolution (Second Appearance)
Captain Marvel (real name Carol Danvers) is an officer of the U.S. Air Force who came into contact with the Kree, and exposure to the energies of a Kree weapon merged her with Kree DNA, transforming her into a Human-Kree hybrid. She became the superhero Ms. Marvel, and later became Captain Marvel. She became an Avenger after the team decides to expand.
Carol Danvers was an officer of the U.S. Air Force who came into contact with the alien race Kree, specifically a member named Mar-Vell. At one point, Carol's DNA was altered by exposure to a Kree weapon, she was empowered with superhuman abilities. She became the superhero Ms. Marvel, before promoting herself to Captain Marvel.
Powers & Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Even without her absorbed energy, she has great superhuman strength.
- Superhuman Speed: She is also able to move faster than the likes of Captain America.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: She has described her durability levels as nearly-indestructible.
- Flight: She has demonstrated the ability to levitate & fly at high speeds.
- Energy Absorption: She can absorb energy to a seemingly unlimited degree. She uses these energies to enhance her physical strength & increase her natural healing abilities.
- Self-Augment Physical Abilities: She can use stored up energy, to further enhance her superhuman strength, stamina & durability as well as energy enhanced powers. The absorbed energy may even accelerates her natural healing process to a certain extent.
- Energy Blasts: She can project stored up energy to attack her enemies. However, the angrier she becomes, the stronger the energy is projected.
- In the comics, Carol was the first superhero to use the title Ms. Marvel. She is also the second human to become Captain Marvel, which was used by several Kree members.