|Chronological and political information|
Doctor Spectrum was a member of the Squadron Supreme.
Doctor Spectrum was an alien superhero from a distant world where there he was a member team of heroes similar to the Avengers called the Squadron Supreme. The people of their world feared their power and turned against them. As a final solution, the Squadron Supreme forced Spectrum to destroy their home planet along with his team on it, escaping into space in his Citadel.
After Nighthawks battle with the Avengers, the Squadron Supreme is revealed to be alive and well. They make plans to defeat the Avengers and conquer the Earth.
Using the Reality Gem, Doctor Spectrum alters reality so the Avengers are all criminals with darker costumes and the Avengers Tower is headquarters of the Squadron. Due to a spike in energy, Iron Man sees the real reality and manages to convince his team to come together. However, Spectrum has created a machine that will give him complete control over reality and plans to alter history so the Avengers were never born. Captain America is able to get a hold of the stone and revert reality back to normal. The Squadron leaves with Nighthawk activating charges placed at the base of Avengers tower. The Avengers manage to prevent the structure from falling onto New York in time for J.A.R.V.I.S. to activate the repair systems.
Ant-Man begins to atone by stopping the villains he sold weapons to in order to fund his research. Among them were Dr. Spectrum, who got close enough to disclose his real name, even the fact he hate's being called Billy. The device Ant-Man created was a power amplifying gauntlet, capable of increasing his strength. However, as the Avengers discover, Bill wasn't looking for power, but control. The Power Prism is revealed to be a sentient life form who took control over Bill's body, even being the one who destroyed The Squadron's world, a feat Bill was completely against. After the Avengers freed him, Bill joined SHIELD as a deep space scientist, while the Prism created a construct of Dr. Spectrum.
Thor is convinced that Power Princess wants to defect from Squadron Supreme, but Hulk knows better and must protect Thor from Power Princess's duplicitous ways.
The Avengers are challenged by the fully formed and incredibly powerful Squadron Supreme for a battle that will end with only one team as the victor.
Using the Power Amplifier, Captain America absorbed Dr. Spectrum, allowing him to temporarily change the sun from yellow to blue. This change drained the Prism of all it's powers and allowed Black Widow to effortlessly defeat Hyperion.
Powers and abilities
- Empathic Fear Absorption & Empowerment
- Spectrum Energy Manipulation
- Spectrum Energy Enhanced Attacks
- 107. "Hyperion"
- 209. "The Dark Avengers"
- 221. "Spectrums"
- 223. "Avengers' Second To Last Stand"
- 224. "Avengers Underground"
- He was based on DC comics Green Lantern.
- He was always good in the comics and never had any problems with his power prism controlling him to do anything evil he would use his power prism for good and he was friends with the Squadron Supreme that was also good too and also he did not come from a distant world he came from Earth 712 which was based off of DC universe.
- Doctor Spectrum's voice actor Phil Lamarr has already portrayed his inspiration Green Lantern in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited