Thanks to the tricks of Loki, Hulk and Thor are tricked into a battle and transported to Valhalla to find out who is the strongest once and for all. But under Hela's rule, only the loser of their contest may return to Planet Earth while the winner will become her consort and champion. While this is happening, Loki uses Hela's horn to unleash an army of skeletons to invade Earth.
Thor is called into returning to Asgard as a guest to Asgard's Hall of Learning for the Learning Games as Hulk and Hawkeye follow him. The visions of Loki lure Thor, Hulk and Hawkeye into the chambers of the Learning Games where failure is a one-way portal to Valhalla. Meanwhile, earthquakes occur on Earth as the result of Earth and Asgard being pulled towards each other by the Space Gem which is in Loki's possession.
After returning to Earth, the Avengers and the New Avengers discover the Earth has been taken over by Loki who used the Casket of Ancient Winters and is revealed to be the true leader of the Cabal. The Avengers and the New Avengers must fight Loki and his army of Frost Trolls while preventing the World Breaker ships above Manhattan from destroying Earth.
The Immortal Weapon
The Vibranium Coast
Come From Another Universe
All Things Must End
Personality and traits
As the Asgardian God of Mischief, he is a trickster by nature and willing to rule the Earth. He thinks himself above others and superior to all, thus making him feel as if he is destined to rule the world.
He is the leader of the new Cabal.
Powers and Abilities
- Hybrid Physiology: Loki is a Frost Giant who is enchanted with Asgardian attributes and abilities. His natural abilities -- strength, reflexes, durability, regeneration, stamina -- are far beyond human limits. He is also impervious to age and illness.
- Superhuman Strength:
- Superhuman Durability:
- Superhuman Longevity:
- Cold Immunity: Due to his partial Frost Giant heritage, he cannot be affected by extreme cold temperatures.
- High Intelligence: He has shown to have the most amount of knowledge of magical artifacts & ancient prophecies. He is also the most cunning, scientific & strategic Asgardian of all Asgardians.
- Asgardian Magic: Loki is a power practitioner of Asgardian magic, spells and enchantments.
- Shape-Shifting: He can shape-shift into normal civilians, in order to blend in to Earth's surroundings.
- Hologram Casting: He can cast tangible holograms of himself which appear as phantoms, which he used while Thor was in the Learning Hall Games, to taunt him for his release from the afterlife. In Season 4, he could cast more realistic tangible holograms of himself, which can physically attack Thor himself, but cannot be harmed themselves.
- Illusion Casting: He can cast realistic illusions. He was able to trick his opponents in battle.
- Norm Stone/Space Stone: With the Norm Stone, which secretly contained the Space Stone, he gained a new maraud of mystical abilities. He was able to open portals to other dimensions, command an army of deceased warriors, and even teleport across places.
- Casket of Ancient Winters: With the Casket of Ancient Winters, he was able to command the forces of ice, cold, snow and winter with ease. He could even command armies of Frost Giants and Frost Dragons.
- Energy Blasts:
- Astral Projection:
- Inter-Dimensional Teleportation:
- Hysterical Strength:
- Healing Factor:
. "The Doomstroyer" (First Appearance)
Season 3: Ultron Revolution
. "A Friend in Need"
Season 4: Secret Wars
. "The Return"
. "The Citadel"
. "The Wastelands"
. "All Things Must End" (Death/Last Appearance)