Nick Fury was one of the African American soldiers to be injected with an experimental variant of the Super Soldier Serum in an attempt to recreate Captain America.
While conducting a training exercise, trainee Sam Wilson began behaving oddly. Perplexed, Nick put the rookie's reputation into question and demanded to know what had overcome him. Abandoning the exercise, Sam apologized to Nick and readily told him that he received a call for "the big leagues". Nick scoffed at his implication of there being something bigger than S.H.I.E.L.D.
Later on, Nick fired Sam after learning that he had joined the Avengers.
Fury assigned Hawkeye and Black Widow on a covert S.H.E.L.D. mission to bring in Molecule Man`s son Aaron Reece where he wants the mission to be kept private from Iron Man, then he later took Aaron for S.H.I.E.L.D Training Program.
Powers & abilities
- Medically Enhanced Attributes: After Captain America's "death", he was one of the African-American candidates to be injected with one variant of the experimental versions of the Super Soldier Serum, in order to create more super-soldiers for World War II after HYDRA's defeat. So far his Super Soldier Serum seems likely to be the most closest to the actual Captain America.
- Enhanced Reflexes: He can also react to Spiderman's attacks as well as dodge them
- Enhanced Intelligence: He has shown absolutely advanced strategic capabilities, advanced intelligence, rapid reaction times & a photographic memory.
- Enhanced Stamina: He does not tire for days & is never shown to be eating or resting.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: He claims to have survived many wars due to his regeneration abilities. He can rapidly regenerate epithelial cells/tissues, but not regenerate missing limbs & organs. this makes damages done from bullets, physical traumas & explosives almost "pointless". This is the main reason behind his ageless lifespan & why he is still youthful in the 21st century.
- Espionage Master: He shows absolutely unquestioned leadership in leading the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s private militia. He has also shown remarkable tactical analysis & enhanced trickery capabilities. He is also shown a masterful expertise with hacking & spying protocols. He is a master of marksmanship & weaponry expertise. He can also detect if somebody is lying, distracting or playing tricks on him. He even shows extensive knowledge in various political fields.
- Military Protocols:- Due to his life long experience in various divisions of the United States Armed Forces, he has a extensive knowledge of militaristic warfare styles & tactics. He can even lead his own special S.H.I.E.L.D militia tactical team with success.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat:- Combining nearly 50 decades of rigorous training in almost all forms of martial arts & his enhanced strength, healing & speed, he is one of the world's most powerful combatants & can even rival the likes of Captain America, Red Skull, Black Widow, Taskmaster or the Winter Soldier. H
- Resources:- Being the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., he has access to almost all resources, finances, intelligence, allies, connections & advanced technologies available to him. Due to his unique position as the Director of S.H.i.E.L.D., it is possible that he also has diplomatic immunity.
- 101. "The Avengers Protocol, Part 1"
- 108. "Molecule Kid"
- 111. "Hulked Out Heroes"
- 116. "Bring on the Bad Guys"
- 119. "The Ambassador"
- 124. "Crime and Circuses"
- 126. "The Final Showdown"