Nighthawk was a member of the Squadron Supreme.
Nighthawk was an alien superhero from a distant world where he was a member of a team of heroes similar to the Avengers called the Squadron Supreme. The people of their world feared their power and turned against them. As a final solution, The Squadron Supreme force Doctor Spectrum to destroy their world.
Nighthawk when he first appears in the disguise of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Kyle Richmond. Using his position on S.H.I.E.L.D. as the Director of Interstellar Operations, Kyle secretly gets into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s database in order to obtain the contingency plan about the Avengers while trying to get Falcon to join up with his group. It also shown that he was aware of the Cabal that Hyperion was apart of. Using the contingency plans, he used a HYDRA robot loaded with a special chemical to disable Hulk, used a Hydrarobot to attach a Norn Stone to Thor's Mjolnir causing him to go through the Nine Realms, used a special code to knock out Black Widow, shut down JARVIS, disable Iron Man, and use a sonic grenade on Captain America's shield. Upon capturing Falcon and a cube that rose Hyperion's citadel, he heads to the citadel where he reveals his identity to Falcon while mentioning that Kyle Richmond was an alias. Nighthawk explains that he is the "architect" of the Squadron Supreme while Hyperion was the "hammer" of the group. After mentioning that the rest of the Squadron Supreme are heading to Earth, Nighthawk then uses Hyperion's citadel to fire a laser that starts heading to Manhattan while broadcasting to the world to surrender the Earth to the Squadron Supreme's protection or else lose a major city every day. In the nick of time, the Avengers show up after getting out of their traps. While Hulk and Thor work to shut down the citadel, the others fought Nighthawk where they managed to defeat him and remand him to S.H.I.E.L.D. custody. Outside of Nighthawk's cell, Nick Fury mocks the idea of Nighthawk being one step ahead where Nighthawk states that he's always one step ahead. This is proven right when Hyperion arrives and frees Nighthawk in front of Nick Fury. Nighthawk and Hyperion then leave to get their group together.
Using the Reality Gem, Doctor Spectrum alters reality so the Avengers are all criminals with darker costumes and the Avengers Tower is headquarters of the Squadron. Due to a spike in energy, Iron Man sees the real reality and manages to convince his team to come together. However Spectrum has created a machine that will give him complete control over reality, and plans to alter history so the Avengers were never born. Captain is able to get a hold of the stone and revert reality back to normal. The Squadron leaves with Nighthawk activating charges placed at the base of Avengers tower. The Avengers manage to prevent the structure from falling onto New York in time for J.A.R.V.I.S. to activate the repair systems.
The Squadron Supreme's fastest member Speed Demon is on the loose and wreaking havoc throughout Avengers Tower. Hulk must save the day by fighting the high velocity villain.
While the team of Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, and Hulk were on the Citadel, they found a holographic recording of some security footage. In it, we learn Bill, better known as Dr. Spectrum, was the only member of the Squadron against destroying their homeworld. However both Hyperion and Nighthawk forced him to reveal the Power Prism, which ultimately reduced the planet to debris.
Thor is convinced that Power Princess wants to defect from Squadron Supreme, but Hulk knows better and must protect Thor from Power Princess's duplicitous ways.
The Avengers are challenged by the fully formed and incredibly powerful Squadron Supreme for a battle that will end with only one team as the victor.
As the Avengers return, and start to beat the Squadron, Nighthawk enacts his fail safe of having Nuke absorbed by Hyperion to destroy Earth. While trying to leave the planet, Nighthawk is defeated by Iron Man. The Squadron was mentioned to be locked up in the Vault.
Nighthawk is the cruel, ruthless, sinister, ego maniacal, calculating, arrogant, narcissistic and wrathful leader of the Squadron Supreme. Possibly psychopathic, Nighthawk prides himself on being one step ahead of his enemies and has a massive superiority complex over the Avengers. Throughout the series Nighthawk acts very much like a chess-master, carefully planning his every move and is a brilliant strategist, with an ego matching Iron Man's, Nighthawk is incredibly overconfident and his arrogance will sometimes blind him however given the abilities he has shown this could be justified. Nighthawk has great pride in his team, the Squadron Supreme however unlike the Avengers, Nighthawk only cares for his teammates as means to an end and considers them as pawns to fulfill his goals. While he was power-hungry, Nighthawk was also incredibly deluded when he considered that enslaving the Earth was beneficial to the planet.
Powers and Abilities
- Alien Physiology: Due to his alien heritage and combine with special dieting plans, rigorous training, meditation techniques & exercise regimes, he had developed super strength, speed, metabolism, stamina, longevity, reflexes & agility that are remarkably similar to Captain America's own enhanced physical capabilities.
- Superhuman Strength: He has the strength to physically combat & overpower beings certain middle-level superhumans. He was shown strong enough to catch Cap's punch and throws him into a table, and rip Iron Man's armor apart with his bare hands, as well as temporary overpower him. Also, he managed to punch his fist through the wall of his ship while trying to hit Iron Man.
- Superhuman Speed: He has shown the speed to quickly react & dodge attacks from being who are faster than himself. He also runs much quicker than beings at peak human condition. He is able to react to Captain America's own superhumanly fast speed attacks.
- Superhuman Agility: He has shown extremely remarkable acrobatic prowess that is seemingly superhuman.
- Superhuman Durability: He is also more resilient to physical & mental trauma than normal people. He takes hits from Cap's and Iron Man's superhuman strength & is always still standing and is also able to shrug off getting hit by dozens of tons of concrete falling on his head. His stamina as also well beyond the peak of human potential.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: His alien metabolism is much more advanced than a human being's thus this allows him to heal much more rapidly than normal humans. It makes him much more resilient to pain & fatigue than normal humans. His longevity is also greatly extended.
- Enhanced Senses: His senses are honed enough to appear to mimic an animal's sensory system. He was able to catch anyone sneaking up on him without looking behind.
- Nighthawk Suit: He has a special suit designed to possibly enhance his combat performance, resilience & stealth-based capabilities. It is therefore believed that the suit is also part of what makes him physically superhuman. It also has a radio comms link and sports several costume aids, such as a jet-powered artificial wing system, artificial claw tips, lasers and projectile weapons.
- Resources: Through his position in S.H I.E.L.D., he was able to acquire such weaponry & even tactical plans, used to combat the Avengers alone & nearly succeed. He also sports various other hidden lairs, possibly funds & other high-tech equipment.
- High Intelligence: His intelligence borders Tony Starks own intellect. He is also a master strategist, being able to lead his team & create such a complex plan that almost killed the avengers. He also creates complex fail safe protocols & contingency plans & is very good at hiding them in plain sight, that even Iron Man or Captain America were unable to see though his plans at first, until he reveals them.
- Master Martial Artist: He is a powerful martial artist, being abel to utilize his skills to overpower many meta-humans. He is even capable of engaging Captain America, Falcon & Iron Man in hand-to-hand combat & even overpowering them based on skills. He is also a master swordsman & marksman & is resourceful with various weaponry. He was also able to go toe-to-toe with Black Widow, Falcon, Iron Man, Captain America & Hawkeye at the same time. He managed to keep fighting until Hulk & Thor joined them.
- Nighthawk is the evil version of Batman from the Marvel comics.
- His debut appearance, and how he used the countermeasures to defeat the Avengers is a direct reference to the Justice League story line: The Tower of Babel. In it, Ra's Al Ghul steals the countermeasures created by Batman to stop the League, should they ever go rogue.
- He is also in peak-conditioning, is intelligent, a master of tactics & combat as well as possesses a lot of resources which also makes him Batman's equal. However, he lacks Batman's morals & "code".
- 107. "Hyperion"
- 206. "Nighthawk (episode)"
- 209. "The Dark Avengers"
- 220. "Terminal Velocity"
- 221. "Spectrums"
- 222. "Midgard Crisis"
- 223. "Avengers' Last Stand"
- 224. "Avengers Underground"
- Nighthawk was based on Batman of DC comics.
- He was good in the comics.
- Nighthawk's voice actor Anthony Ruivivar has already portrayed his inspiration Batman in Beware The Batman.
- He is the second Squadron Supreme member to appear in the series.
- In the Comics, his superhuman abilities come not only from training, but an alchemic potion.
- Also in the Comics, he is born on Earth and has no alien heritage.