|Chronological and political information|
Thanos is an evil intergalactic Titan overlord and an enemy of the Avengers. He appears as the over-arching main antagonist of Season 2.
Thanos was a member of a alien race of warriors called the Titans. He slaughtered most of his people in his search for conquest.
Alliance with the Red Skull
After the battle with the Cabal, the Red Skull went through a portal and arrived to Thanos' lair, where he gave the Mad Titan the Tesseract and stated "as you desire, Thanos."
The Red Skull later stole from Thanos the Infinity Stone, and headed back to Earth. Thanos' droids followed him, and caught the attention of the Avengers, who found the Skull and took the Stone from him.
Thanos arrived to Earth when the Avengers were looking for Arsenal in Russia. Thanos' ship was destroyed by the Avengers and the robot, who had containted the Stone, but Thanos survived.
In order to confront the Avengers, Thanos attacked the Watcher and the Moon and sent him to the Avengers Tower as an "invitation" for the team. Once the Avengers arrived to the Moon, Thanos offered them to spare their planet if they gave him the Infinity Stone and the Red Skull. Once the Avengers refused Thanos' offer, he engaged them in combat.
Using the Watcher's technology, Iron Man managed to put together a focuser for Arsenal's Stone-powered ray, and successfully hurt Thanos. However, Thanos possessed the Infinity Gauntlet, a device which could draw the Infinifty Stone from Arsenal to him. The Mad Titan then set out to destroy the Earth, in revenge for the Avengers opposing him.
By releasing the blast from a nuclear explosion it had previously absorbed, Arsenal was able to blast Thanos "half way across the universe" and destroy the Infinity Stone.
As the Avengers were fighting against Dormammu for the Infinity Stones, Black Widow used them to banish the demon back to where it belonged. After Black Widow managed to refrain from acquiring their full power and stip herself from them, Thanos arrived, revealing to possess the intact Power Gem, and got hold of them, forming the Infinity Gauntlet.
Using the Gauntlet, Thanos creates a citadel near Earth's orbit. The Avengers attempt to stop him, but the Mad Titan ignores them as he used the Gauntlet to modify Earth's climate, causing earthquakes, ice ages, and other anomalies around the globe. As part of a contingency plan, the Avengers needed to get the readings of each stone individually. By attacking Thanos' ego, they get him to use each stone alone to fight them. He first aged the Avengers until they died with the Time Stone, but Thor forced him to reverse time after causing the Titan's energy beam to backfire, aging him. After bringing them back, he used the Mind Gem to fuel them with anger and make them fight each other, however, Hulk managed to get them to focus their rage and attack Thanos, for which the Titan decided to stop its influence over them. Using the Space Gem, he attacked each Avenger by teleporting immediatelly after striking. Even after Hawkeye and Black Widow found the pattern of his attacks in order to avoid them, Thanos used the Reality Gem and incapacitated the Avengers, by making them see a reality where global peace was achieved. Captain America managed to see through this lie, and freed the Avengers from its influence. Once the Avengers stroke back, Thanos used the Power Stone to fight them.
After the Avengers restrained him, Thanos decided to stop following their game, and reactivated all of the Gauntlet's power at once. He used the Gauntlet to destroy Iron Man, but it was revealed the armor was being controlled remotelly, and Stark was in the Avengers Tower, using the readings of each individual stone to put Arsenal back online. Thanos brought Stark's lab to his citadel, but he rebooted Arsenal, who proceeded to fight Thanos. Arsenal absorbed any attack from Thanos, and finally took the Gauntlet from him. Using the Gauntlet, Arsenal brought Thanos and the Avengers back to Earth, where the team proceeded to defeat the Mad Titan.
Thanos was later handed over to the Guardians of the Galaxy.
in New Frontiers it was revealed that Thanos as an army and Generals known as the Black Order that freed him.
Thanos was seen absorving an energy known as the Quantum Force,the Black Order distract the avengers as Thanos charged himself with the energy.after he charged himself he became much bigger and with yellow glow on his body and eyes and he says that they have defeated him in the past and he was going to spare the earth but he was going to conquer the universe.after the defeat of the Black Order Thanos destroyed the planet and was going to destroy the Earth.
Thanos reached the Earth's moon and was looking for the planet. the Black Order appeared distracting the avengers once more after a fight Thanos find the earth and go to the atmosphere.then he overwhealms all avengers however people said that they were avengers too (which was to resist Thanos) the avengers defeat the Black Order again and the satelite fired a powerfull laser that,ANNIHILATED THANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
it was mentioned that it was going to take centries for Thanos to heal himself
Personality and Traits
Thanos is an utter megalomaniac, the only thing he respects is power and craved nothing more than the subjugation of the entire universe. Besides a narcissistic need to be invincible Thanos is one of the most feared beings in the galaxy, Red Skull was in obvious terror in his presence and even at a different planet his cruelty was known and reviled, he can at times be somewhat merciful such was shown when he was captured by the Avengers during his pursuit for the Power Stone and bargained he would spare the Earth if they handed over the Red Skull and the Stone but he is also ruthless, tyrannical and sadistic. In his quest for power Thanos nearly killed all of his race, was perfectly happy destroying the Eatth to prove the Infinity Stone's might and almost destroyed a populated planet to get even more power.
After finally collecting the entire Infinity Stones, Thanos became even more cruel and egotistical. He came close to destroying the entire Earth by changing it's climate but then engaged in a duel with the Avengers by them damaging his ego. Finally the Mad Titan was defeated and delivered to the Guardians of the Galaxy for his crimes against the universe.
Powers and Abilities
Due to him being a titan eternal, he has immense superhuman powers most notably
- Superhuman Strength: Without his gauntlet, he is strong enough to go toe-to-toe and easily overpower Hyperion or Hulk in hand-to-hand combat.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Thanos' reflexes are superhumanly fast.
- Superhuman Intelligence: He is also superhumanly intelligent, being able to master almost every forms of science known to him. He even call's Iron Man's advanced technology "child's toys for a titan".
- Superhuman Speed: Thanos is capable of running and moving at speeds greater than the finest human athlete.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Thanos physiology is able to take hits from beings like Hyperion or Hulk without any visible injuries, and withstand extremely powerful energy attacks. He also has a nearly-limitless stamina, being able to go centuries without sustenance or showing tardiness in physical combat.
- Nigh-Immortality: As a titan eternal, he does not age beyond his prime & can even revive himself from "death" with all of his injuries completely healed as long as his body remains intact. However, this does not make him unkillable as destruction of his body will likely kill him. However, there are other unknown ways of reviving him. While Thanos was indeed destroyed at the end of Avengers World, it was stated that it would take centuries for him to pull his particles back together, revealing that he is able to reform himself if destroyed.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: He has displayed remarkable prowess in hand to hand combat & makes full use of his strength. However, his combat skills are mostly basic & based on many street fighting techniques & boxing skills.
- Leadership: He even led his personal high-tech militia unquestioned & unopposed. He is also a highly skilled warfare tactician. He even led his personal army of Generals, without any form of opposition or ignorance from any one of them.
- Manipulation: Thanos is a master of manipulation, being able to cause several ways across the galaxies while sitting in his chair. He even caused the Red Skull to create the Cabal & his master plan in the first place.
- Fear-Inducing Skills: He is also an expert at manipulating many beings into fearing him, as to break their will to fight back.
Former Powers & Abilities
- Quantum-Force Powers: With the Quantum Force absorbed inside his body, he had displayed extremely powerful superhuman abilities.
- Nigh-Limitless Strength: With the Quantum Force, he was able to overpower all of the Avengers & destroy planets with a small strike.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: With the Quantum Force, he was almost impossible to even flinch or sting let alone cause permanent damage.
- Atomic Vision: With the Quantum Force, he displayed the ability to fire concentrated heated laser blasts from is eyes.
- Flight: With the Quantum Force, he was able to fly at advanced speeds from one galaxy to another.
- Scanner Vision: With the Quantum Force, he was able to create a scanning ray from his eyes from which he can scan & see every little molecule or microscopic being.
- Cybernetic Interfacing: With the Quantum Force, he was able to psionically interface with all of Earth's satellite systems, in order to broadcast his video message.
- Cybernetic Data Absorption: He was able to absorb all of the data inside the Watcher's computer systems in an instant.
- Infinity Gauntlet: With the infinity gauntlet, he had acquired a vast array of abilities that make him appear to be seemingly omnipotent.
- Time Stone: With this stone, he was able to teleport between the past & the future to anywhere else in time. He can even aport beings or things from other timelines or the past to the future to his own time. He can also manipulate a being's aging process as well as his own. However, due to Thor's Asgardian physiology, he is able to gain more power with age as Asgardians become more powerful & wise with age.
- Space Stone: With the space stone, he has vast amounts of power over the space & all of its aspects. He can use such a stone to teleport from one place to another & can even manipulate cosmic things in space such as a black hole. However, beings like Black Widow or Hawkeye, whose honed instincts, can counter this Stone's power.
- Power Stone: with the power stone, he has the ability to project vast amounts of energies of any kind in the universe at will. It can also increase the potency of the other stones.
- Augmented Physiology: He can use the power stone to create an energy shield or further enhance his strength to overpower the entire Avengers instantaneously. He can even use the Power Stone to heal his injuries.
- Mind Stone: With the mind stone, he has every possible psionic ability known to any being in the universe. This ranges from telepathic powers, technopathic powers, empathic powers & telekinetic powers that are so advanced that he can control matter on a molecular level. However, beings like Hulk are immune to such a stone's power, because manipulating Hulk's emotions causes him to become more powerful in terms of strength & healing, which in turn breaks through Thanos's infinity-gauntlet granted invulnerability.
- Reality Stone: With the reality stone, he can manipulate reality to such an extent that he can rearrange all of reality's aspects such as creating a fake version of Earth where the Avengers defeated Thanos, when in reality Thanos was standing victorious. However, beings like Captain America can see through the reality stone's manipulations with ease. One example would be when Fury claimed the Red Skull felt "guilt" & "surrendered" himself to S.H.I.E.L.D. to "make up" for his crimes.