|Chronological and political information|
- "Hulk smash!"
- ―Hulk's Catchphrase
The Hulk (real name Bruce Banner) is one of the first six founding members of the Avengers. An exposure to gamma radiation turned the scientist into the powerhouse brute.
While attempting to save a friend's life, Bruce Banner was exposed to gamma radiation and transformed into a monstrosity, the Hulk. After the transformation, his skin was changed to a green color, and his hair turned black. The muscle enhancement gained from his transformation gave him an incredible spike in strength; making him the strongest individual on the planet.
At some point, the Hulk joined the Avengers; a group of superheroes intent on protecting the world. After some time though, the Avengers disbanded for reasons unknown leaving the Hulk and the other members to go their separate ways.
In Adapting to Change, Hulk is shown to have transformed back into Bruce Banner. This is because in the movies, Bruce was able to transform into the Hulk and back to human form.
In Ultron Revolution Hulk's pants are dark purple in back and front with two light purple stripes along the sides and the red Avengers logo with a sliver symbol.Hulk is wears specially designed Avengers pants that can stretch to fit him. when he changed back to Bruce Banner.in Dehulked
Hulk participated in the Avengers' attempt to save the Earth from an "Earth-Killer" that was scanned by J.A.R.V.I.S., instructing Thor to stop involving himself following his gloating that it was easy for him, reasoning that Thor not being a participant would allow him to smash more. When the Earth-Killer came closer to the planet's surface, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man joined together in trying to stop it, Hulk beating the meteor with all of his might only to crack a piece of it off and descend toward the planet with that piece. Luckily, the group was assisted by Hyperion who winked at Hawkeye after meeting the Avengers on the planet's surface, Hulk confirming to the bewildered Hawkeye what he had done.
The Avengers sat together and discussed Hyperion a short time afterward, Hulk commenting that Hawkeye only wanted to approach Hyperion about joining the Avengers because he winked at him.
Personality and Traits
Hulk is short-tempered and aggressive, but not mean spirited. He can be a sore loser at times. But he also has a friendly side. He has an impressive level of control over his strength. He also has an enormous appetite as befits someone of his strength. Hulk is also intelligent enough to come up with good plans or find a missing teammate.
Physical AppearanceHulk in Season 1.Hulk is a Gigantic, very muscular, green skin, both dark olive (sometimes black) drab hair and eyebrows, bright green eyes, torn jeans, barefooted.
In Ultron Revolution Hulk wears a dark purple in back and front with two light purple stripes along the sides and the red Avengers logo with a sliver symbol.Bruce Banner is lender, fair skin, messy dark brown hair, brown eyes, glasses
Hulk's relationship with Thor is built solely on physical dexterity. The Hulk's massive size and powers makes him the strongest individual on earth, though Thor wholeheartedly disagrees. This puts the Hulk in a position where he feels the need to prove he is the strongest there is, thus why he's always picking a fight with Thor. After the Avengers disbanded, it is stated that the two lost contact with each other. When the two meet up again at the Avengers Mansion, Thor is glad to see the Hulk as is he, and the two crash into the streets of New York City and engage in a playful scuffle, with Iron Man observing from the window remarking "some things never change," right before Hawkeye breaks up the reunion, reminding the two of the threat they pose to the city at large with their powers.
When M.O.D.O.K.'s microbots take hold of the Avengers' minds, the Hulk's goes off in a fit of pure rage against Thor. With the microbots raising the Avengers' aggression levels to dangerous extremes, the mind control plays strictly on the Hulk and Thor's physical rivalry; showing a glimpse of the true peril the two would pose to not only each other, but to the surrounding areas if they were ever to actually cut loose. Though the two are often competitors, Hulk has shown to have a deep respect for Thor, and vice versa. In the episode The Midgard Crisis Hulk is disappointed when Thor leaves him alone in the Tower, even telling Hawkeye, another one of his best friends, that the extra game remote is Thor's. When Thor loses his temper and attacks the Hulk, Hulk calls Thor a friend and attempts to snap him out of his rage, which he does. The two are best friends along with Hawkeye, and they love using their immense strength and power together to defeat foes.
Though not much interaction, after the event of Hulked Out Heroes, Hulk says he trusts the device that can destroy him with Widow, who says it never existed. Also in the event of the Head to Head, Black Widow turns in Hulks body. Hulk and Widow begin to have a close and trusting friendship as seen in The Inhuman Condition and Seeing Double.
- Gamma-Radiated Blood: Hulk's special blood produces gamma-radiated cells & gamma radiation which gave him superhuman physical abilities which are overdeveloped to the point where his physical abilities are unrivaled by any being.
- Near-Unlimited Strength: While Hulk normally possesses tremendous levels superhuman strength, able to lift over 100 tons effortlessly, it increased the more he gets emotionally worked-up, making his strength practically limitless. Hulk has shown several of acts of brute strength, such as lifting cars and throwing them hundreds of feet into the air, managing to defeat Attuma underwater and even knocking some of his teeth out and destroying his armor, and even lifting all of Manhattan. Even without directly touching targets, Hulk shows remarkable strength as his claps can release powerful force waves able to level city blocks. Hulk's strength is shown to be very unique as he effortlessly defeated the Hulked out Avengers, four on one. His strength extends to his legs, enabling him to leap thousands of feet into the air and miles from his starting place. And his rage is as limitless as his strength. He can also utilize radiation and dark magic to boost his powers.
- Superhuman Durability: Hulk's physiology's resilience to physical trauma is so advanced that it almost borders on invulnerability. Hulk's entire anatomy is several times denser and more resilient to physical harm than a human's. Hulk can withstand falls from orbital heights, the most powerful energy attacks, and powerful hits from immensely strong beings with little to no damage or pain. Fire causes him no damage, and he can withstand temperature extremes with no injury or discomfort. Hulk accidentally took a lightning blast from Thor, and got up shortly after with no damage. Hulk's skin and bones become denser the angrier he gets, and his durability increases as he gets more excited. Hulk is the most durable Avenger, as he cannot be knocked unconscious by great impact forces, and opposing forces attacking his external being, unlike the rest of the Avengers who have been knocked unconscious when facing too many opponents or great threats. Even if damage can pierce through his seemingly invulnerable physiology, his advanced healing will always repair it instantaneously (though when his arm was injured by Hyperion's atomic vision he didn't heal immediately). Hulk's durability, however, is still out of this world, and he has been able to withstand some of the most powerful hits from Mjolnir in the face and other parts of his body with little to no injury.
- Superhuman Stamina: Hulk can exert himself for an undetermined amount of time without showing signs of fatigue. Though he will eventually get tired.
- Superhuman Speed: Hulk has been seen running at speeds greater than 200mph, though this was just the result of Speed Demon speeding him up.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Hulk's regeneration abilities are quite remarkable, as superficial legions & wounds heal almost instantaneously. He is also able to regrow limbs post amputation & heal from extreme physical traumas in a very short regeneration time. He also does not age and tires very slowly from physical activities because of his great regenerative powers.
- Superhuman Longevity: Hulk's highly advanced healing factor has slowed his aging process at an extraordinary rate. As seen in "Thanos Triumphant" it allowed him to take multiple hits from the Time Stone before actually showing signs of aging.
- Superhuman Immune System: and thus has blood which can act for a cure to vampirism, due to the gamma radiation being similar to ultra-violet radiation. Hulk can emit gamma rays from his body powerful enough to take out the planet. His gamma radiated cells were even used as a cure for vampirism.
- Adrenaline Rush: The more adrenaline his body produces, his strength, stamina, durability & healing are further enhanced due to the adrenaline further increasing the potency of his gamma cells, by which his regeneration increased to the point where he was able to purge himself from vampirism. His strength was enhanced to the point where he was able to lift a whole city up.
- Superhuman Adaption: As a side-effect of his healing factor, Hulk's physiology also alters itself, which is likely an adaptive response to physical trauma, mental trauma or inhospitable environments when it becomes necessary. There were many occasions where Hulk not only survived airless areas, but has also spoken in them. As with his healing factor, the angrier Hulk gets, the faster he adapts, such as adapting to the airless of environment of the sea.
- Underwater Breathing: Hulk has the ability to breath under water because his glands develop an oxygenated per-fluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure.
- Accelerated Metabolism: He has an highly developed metabolism, so powerful and efficient, thus allowing him to consume lots of foods and calories, without feeling full and still being able to eat more. he is seen constantly eating gallons of fatty and meaty foods all the time and is always still hungry, despite his limitless stamina.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Hulk while having no formal training, he is formidable hand-to-hand combatant simply due to his superhuman strength. Hulk often engages his enemies using brawling techniques and street fighting skills that make full use of his strength, which he can overpower the beings like Thor and Goliath. Hulk did learn one martial art technique form Black Widow but he still relying on his brute strenght in combat.
- Expert Martial Artist: While under The Winter Soldier program Hulk could go toe-to-toe with Captain America and Iron Man simultaneously (while Iron Man was using the Hulkbuster).
- Gamma Radiation Draining: The Hulk was sometimes vulnerable to gamma radiation draining by sufficiently powerful energy manipulators. However, currently the Hulk acquired an undefined degree of immunity to this weakness. For example, the mutant Darwin was expressly unable to drain his gamma radiation, and the Hulk was contained by a specialized satellite only when deliberately limiting himself. Even previous to these events the Hulk has displayed this potential.
- Radiation Bombardment: Hulk was vulnerable to being weakened by radiation bombardment in the past. However, the Hulk has acquired a degree of immunity to this weakness.
- Gas Inhalation: Great doses of gas can temporarily neutralize the Hulk. However, it's not an insurmountable obstacle, since Hulk can dissipate the gas with a powerful thunderclap, destabilizing the opponent with the resulting shockwaves. The Hulk has also occasionally resisted that.
- Adamantium and Vibranium Blades: They have been shown capable of piercing Hulk's skin. However, as the Hulk's rage increases they become progressively less effective, reaching the stage they are completely unable to harm him.
- Adrenaline Suppression: Adrenaline inhibitors can be administered via syrings of Adamantium and Vibranium, aiming to revert the transformation. Amplified quantities can accomplish this purpose. However, the Hulk has also withstood substances intended to sedate him by tactile contact.
- Toxic Substances: Once, he was injected with a toxin especially designed to counteract the efficiency of Hulk's healing factor. However, if the Hulk gets angry enough he can nullify this effect, as he demonstrated later.
- Rage Nullification: The Hulk's rage also can be neutralized; certain individuals can calm the Hulk down. Betty Ross successfully calmed the Hulk down in several instances. Telepaths with vast empathy potential can theoretically emulate this effect.
- Strength Increasing Factor: The Hulk normally doesn't achieve full strength in the first moments after his transformation. Unless there is a substantial and significant event that breaks Banner's restraints and triggers far superior amounts of adrenaline in his circulatory system.
- Magic: Since the Hulk is empowered by dark magic, it is not properly a weakness. However, depending upon his emotional state, his incarnation, and the power magnitude of the magic manipulator, this could be a potential threat. Although the Hulk has been shown to be injured more easily by enchanted weapons than regular weapons.
- Extreme Conditions: Finally, he can be hurt or even killed by cosmic entities or individuals with similar extraordinary levels of power, and under some conditions be psychically manipulated by exceptionally powerful telepaths.
- This version of Hulk first appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man TV series, having made a cameo in the episode "Great Power", with his first full appearance being in the episode "Exclusive".
- Hulk wears avengers pants which is similar to the pants from Avengers age of ultron.
- ↑ 'Marvel's Avengers Assemble' character cards. Mom & Pop Culture. MSN.com. Retrieved on July 17, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "The Avengers Protocol, Part 1". Man of Action (writer) & Eric Radomsky (director). Marvel's Avengers Assemble. Disney XD. May 26, 2013. No. 1, season one.
- ↑ "Hyperion". Man of Action & Jacob Semahn (writers) & Jeff Allen (director. Marvel's Avengers Assemble. Disney XD. August 4, 2013. No. 7, season one.