Thor Odinson is a thunder-god, a prince, a superhero and a member of the Avengers. He was born in Asgard as the son of it's king, Odin. He is the older stepbrother of Loki. He is also the primary wielder of Mjolnir.
Thor is a tall, highly built man with long blonde hair. He wears his Asgardian armor with black chest-plate with six silver disks connected with a gold lining, silver lined-in chain mail arm armor, his red cape, and his iconic wing-shaped helmet.
The Avengers Protocol
After Captain America was vaporized by Red Skull, Iron Man activated the Avengers Protocol and called the team through a hologram device to a meeting. The heroes selected by Stark were Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow, and a S.H.I.E.L.D. trainee named Sam Wilson. As The Avengers flew to the HYDRA Base, in Antarctica and learned that Captain America was still alive and was only unreported by M.O.D.O.K. to undergo a body change with his mortal nemesis Red Skull. What ensured was a massive battle that ended up rescuing Captain America. After his defeat by the Avengers, Red Skull realized where the true power resided in the Avengers team and ordered M.O.D.O.K. attack and strip Tony of his Arc Reactor and armor. Now clad in his armor he called himself the Iron Skull. As Tony laid there dying, Tony asked Captain America for help.
The team found the Quinjet blown to pieces. The only option was for them to all squeeze into the S.H.I.E.L.D. flying car. They rush him back to the Avengers mansion where Falcon hooks Tony up to machinery to restart his heart. M.O.D.O.K. use special nanobot with the ability to manipulate the Avengers to turn on each other. During a sparring session between the two, Thor and Hulk were infected by the nanobots. They all battled each other, with only Tony left uninfected. He cured his allies using a concentrated EMP. They found Red Skull trying to steal Tony's tech, who was stopped, but still had time to teleport away. It is then that Tony discovered the Mansion's reactor was about to blow. The team must work together to stop the explosion. They created a vortex shooting the explosive energy into the sky. The team then moved to Stark Tower where they set up home as now a official team.
Ghost of a Chance
The Avengers battle Space Phantoms, extra-dimensional beings who can replicate them right down to cellular level. The creatures replace them one by trapping them in Limbo. But thanks to Falcon he is able to save the team and working together the take down the alien invaders.
The Serpent of Doom
The Avengers battle Doctor Doom as he uses the Asgardian weapon Codgel to release the Midgard Serpent with hopes of using it to conquer the globe. The creature is too powerful and would continue to grow until it consumes the Earth. After a battle with the Avengers he and the creature are banished to the Realm Below using the extra-dimensional portal used by Ulik.
The Avengers battle Dracula who had kidnapped Black Widow and turned her into a Vampire. They travel to Transylvania and confront him at Castle Dracula. He reveals that he was an ally of Captain America during World War II, working together to defeat the invading HYDRA forces. He wants the Super-Soldier Serum in Cap's blood which will allow him and his subjects the ability to go out in the sunlight. During the fight he drinks the Hulk's blood absorbing his powers and turning the Hulk into a Vampire. However the Hulk gamma cells act like tiny suns and he burns away the infection, which also weakens Dracula. In his defeat his minions drag him underground to safety.
Personality and traits
Thor is a proud and worthy warrior loving to fight for the right side of Earth. He feels it is his duty to protect the people of Earth from the threats that lurk all around the world. Thor is unquestionably a courageous and unselfish being, having said many times he will lay down his life for the innocent. Though he loves flying into battle and hammering opponents, it is revealed in the epsiodeThe Midgard Crisis that Thor withholds his full strength and power while fighting alongside the Avengers, even on beings such as the Hulk. This shows that he believes in honor, the way of the warrior, and many other things. He will let those feelings go, however, if he feels a being has wrongly used his or her power against innocence. Thor believes humans are not weak and hopeless like Odin, but fighting people who will never give up for good.
Hulk is Thor's teammate and rival. They are always arguing about who is physically stronger, and have competed in numerous of competitions to try to find out, almost always ending in a stalemate. Thor considers Hulk a brother, and gladly fights with him as the muscle of the Avengers. Thor is one of the few who understand the Hulk, which is probably why they get along so well.
Natasha and Thor are teammates and have had several episodes in which they bond a bit. The Mind Stone caused Thor to switch bodies with Black Widow for an entire fight with M.O.D.O.K. controlling the entire Tri-Carrier. Even in that form Thor is able to call upon and wield Mjolnir. In Widows Run she and Thor tried to get rid of the Infinity Stones. When under the Stones control, she asks Thor to get rid of her by sending her away to the Dark Realm, even though his father's law forbids it. He eventually summons the portal to send her away, although he was quite reluctant to do so.
Hawkeye is also Thor's teammate and rival alongside Hulk. Though all three are rivals they can be friends when they need to be. In Back To The Learning Hall, Thor gets an invitation to return to Asgard and decides to go with Hawkeye and Hulk in tow. When they get to the Hall Hulk and Hawkeye realize that Thor hadn't graduated. Eventually they go through the trials as three are only meant to compete. As his teammates passed their trials Thor had opened the door from Valhalla releasing Loki and some undead warriors as he did not answer the second riddle correctly, the first time.
Powers and Abilities
- Asgardian Physiology: Thor is arguably the mightiest Asgardian, second only to Odin. His attributes are more developed than average Asgardians to a certain extent. His power is so advanced that Tony has describe him as a Living Hulkbuster.
- Superhuman Strength: Thor's physical strength enables him to strike objects with Mjolnir to great effect. Thor usually applies his strength by striking an opponent of considerable power with enough force to knock them several meters back. However, he possesses enough strength to lift objects of great weight a normal human could not. Thor has shown he can go toe to toe with Hulk, and with perhaps his hardest swing of Mjolnir he gave the green behemoth amnesia, and dented his face. Thor's exact strength limit is unknown, but he aids the Avengers when a large building comes crumbling to the ground, and it always stays up, so his strength level is great nonetheless. His stay on Zarda's island caused powerful tidal waves to almost threaten New York, and a strike from him to Hulk with his bare fist created powerful force waves to knock the waves off their usual course as well.
- Superhuman Speed: Thor also possesses superhuman speed, enhanced reflexes and agility, shown as when he always moves super-fast, especially when flying. He can fly faster than mach speeds while on Earth, and faster than light speeds while in space.
- Suspended Aging: Thor, as he stated, is immortal, preventing him from dying from the passage of time. While still aging physically, he retains his youthful appearance far longer than humans (barely changed after several centuries as shown from the Time Stone) and will only grow stronger the older he gets. However, he is not unkillable.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Thor's armor, his skin, bones, and bone tissue being several of times denser than a normal human,and his natural durability allows him great toughness when going against powerful opponents. He is durable enough to withstand energy blasts and great impact forces. He does not require air, water, sleep, or food to survive, and his stamina is enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: His metabolism is also far more developed than an Average Asgardian's, allowing him slightly more potent healing abilities than an average Asgardian. His extreme durability can fail him in battle if he is overwhelmed with many opponents of different powers/abilities, but he can regenerate from such attacks in a short period of time.
- Superhuman Stamina: His stamina is almost limitless.
- Mjolnir: Through the use of this mystical war hammer, Thor gained another vast set of supernatural powers & abilities.
- Weather Control: The hammer can control the basic elements of a storm. It can create full on storms complete with thunder, lightning, hurricane-force winds, and torrential rains at a moment's notice. Thor can manipulate the elements to his will, such as spinning the hammer around, which releases powerful winds, or by channeling lightning through his body. The hammer can generate lighting, and can manipulate and absorb energy.
- Energy Manipulation: The Hammer can generate vast quantities of lightning and energy, which at full power can smite a small town into oblivion.
- Worthiness Enchantment: The hammer has enchantment to allow only Thor to lift and control the hammer and access its full potential. Apparently, the connection between Thor and Mjonir can be severed both willingly and in the case that Thor dies.
- Teleportation: The hammer allows Thor to teleport himself to different places in the universe almost instantaneously.
- Hyper Light Speed Flight: Thor is capable of hurling Mjolnir with great force and, by holding onto the leather thong, is capable of flying through the air at tremendous speeds and is able to perform several aerodynamic feats and chance his own course through the power of thought. He can also hover in air by only constantly spinning the hammer through the thong. Thor has been seen flying and hovering in the air without Mjolnir though.
- Armor Manifestation: Thor can also transport his Asgradian Battle Armor to himself and "armor up" at any time in case he removes the armor or it undergoes battle damage. His armaments includes: his chestplate, the chain-mail sheathing on his arms, the leather wrist cuff(s), his helmet, and his cape.
- Healing: As as stated in Norse Mythology, Mjolnir is capable of healing injuries, illness, disorders, infections, intoxications etc..., by using its magical powers. Thor can even use this ability on himself.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Thor is the one of the greatest warriors in Asgard. Second only to Odin, he is one of the most skilled fighters to ever walk the planet. Thor is trained in the arts of war and various fighting techniques by his teachers in Asgard. He is an expert marksman, and is masterful in various areas of combat.
- Master Hammer Fighter: After centuries of practice wielding his hammer, Thor has become masterful in fighting with Mjolnir and is proficient in hammer throwing. He can even block energy shots with it.
Thor comes from the realm of Asgard and is the son of Odin and adoptive brother of Loki. At some point he joins and forms the Avengers prior to the series. Also prior the Avengers have fought Ultron and defeated him. It's unknown if it was after this defeat or not that the Avengers had disbanded. At the beginning of the series Thor along with the others reform the Avengers under Tony Stark's leadership as they thought that Captain America was dead. Thor does seem not as powerful as his comics counterpart, nor do Odin or Loki for that matter.
- This version of Thor first appeared in the Ultimate Spider-Man TV series, having made a cameo in the episode "Great Power", with his first full appearance being in the episode " Field Trip".
- This is no longer canon however, due to the third season of Guardians of the Galaxy having retconned Ultimate Spider-Man from this continuity and replaced it with Marvel's Spider-Man.
- ↑ "The Avengers Protocol, Part 1". Man of Action (writer) & Eric Radomsky (director). Marvel's Avengers Assemble. Disney XD. May 26, 2013. No. 1, season one.
- ↑ "The Avengers Protocol, Part 2". Man of Action (writer) & Eric Radomsky (director). Marvel's Avengers Assemble. Disney XD. May 26, 2013. No. 2, season one.